Check In Date Nights    Adults Children

The Essence and the History


Located in Amarante, between Oporto city and the Douro valley, arises Casa da Calçada ? member of the Relais & Châteaux Association ? with  majestic landscape and an entire idyllic scenery that inspires its discovery.

Declared by the Portuguese Government as a building of high architectonical, historical and cultural relevance, maintaining its neo-classical elements in a romantic atmosphere, wich invites travelling to the past, in a homelike and welcoming ambience.

Casa da Calçada ? Relais & Châteaux was built during the 16th century, to become a  master  palace of Count de Redondo.

During the Napoleonic Wars, here settled the allied forces (both British and Portuguese). In the beginning of the 20th century, Casa da Calçada turned into an important rendez-vous place for the political and intellectual figures led by António do Lago Cerqueira, owner of the palace at the time, he was born here in 1880 and one of the most relevant political leaders of the First Republic.

The estate was fully recovered in 2001 and it already is, one of the most emblematic and representative of  portuguese hospitality.

In November 2003, Casa da Calçada became member of the renowned Relais & Châteaux Association.

offers: